Burian Technology Solutions, Inc.
Burian Technology Solutions (BTS) provides a wide array of IT services for small to medium sized businesses as well as residential repair and support.
St. Rose, Illinois
We are a St. Rose, Illinois-based, Information Technology company offering managed services to businesses and residential customers. BTS offers many solutions such as:
Custom built workstation and servers
Troubleshooting, repair, and support
Networking – Wired and wireless, security and monitoring
Business telephony – UCaaS
Security camera systems
Data protection and disaster recovery
Internet services – Website design and business email
…and much more!
We are looking for a qualified IT Specialist to install, maintain and repair computers and networks. You will be the one to ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and is used to its maximum capabilities. As an IT Specialist you must be well-versed in computer systems and network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess a great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality. The goal is to install and maintain high quality networks and computer systems.
· Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers
· Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g., routers) or peripheral devices
· Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.)
· Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks
· Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
· Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
· Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies
· Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
· Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
Proven experience as computer technician or similar role
Experience with LAN/WAN networks
Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components
Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Very good communication abilities
Exceptional organizing and time-management skills
BSc/BA in Computer Science, engineering, or relevant field preferred
Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+) will be an advantage
Must pass a drug screening test and a criminal background check.
40 Hours minimum, flexible schedule
Overtime as needed
Able to be on-call for after hour issues
0-20% travel required
Affirmative Action (AAP/EEO Statement):
Burian Technology Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Drug Free Workplace
Burian Technology Solutions intends to provide a safe work environment that will help protect the safety, health, and well-being of all employees. Therefore, we are committed to an alcohol and drug-free workplace.
Valid Illinois driver’s license
$15.00 - $20.00+ start per hour (Based on experience)